Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dress of the Week


I've decided to start a dress of the week item as 1. I thought it would be a little bit of fun and 2. it can provide inspiration. Feel free to disagree with me as you see fit.

This week I've chosen actress Molly Sims. I must confess that although her face is vaguely recognisable, I didn't know who she was when I saw her face in NW Magazine today (I promise I didn't buy NW, it was just sitting in the lunchroom at work today), so I wiki'ed her and found out she is on some TV show called Las Vegas that I've never watched.

Whatever, the dress is fab. I love the yellow and although I know not everyone can embrace this colour, I wish more people that can, would. I love the silver embellishments on the bodice and I think she's accessorised fabulously with the matchy matchy silver shoes and the hot red lippy. The dress is also that perfect length just below the knee and the fabric looks divine. I never really would have thought of silver as a complement to yellow, but it really works here. Molly's hair looks cute too.
Overall the whole effect is young but elegant.

The dress is by Bill Blass.

I thinks I need me a yellow dress for summer ...

No comments: