Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sixties empire line number


So my latest frock purchase is this very pretty circa 1960's number I picked up from the Vintage Clothing Shop. It was heavily reduced as apparently no-one seemed to be able to fit into it. Lucky for me I have small boobies, so it fit me and I got it at the heavily discounted price. Hurrah! It is actually a wee bit big on me, but at least I have room to move. With a good dry clean, a padded bra, the right shoes and maybe a fancy hat, I think it will make perfect race-wear.

I was drawn to the dress initially by the colour (my favourite - pink), but I particularly like the bow detail on the empire waist and the matching fabric at the neck. The neck is very high, and the lovely guy at the store suggested I could turn it down if I like, but I actually prefer it up. I should have got a pic really with my hair up, as I think that makes the look a little sexier.

No comments: