Thursday, December 11, 2008

What the Cleo Art Director didn't choose ...




















So the photo-shoot and accompanying article I did for Cleo Mag is out on Monday. Yikes! I hope the photo turned out ok. And that the article is reasonably representative of who I am.

Anyway, here are a couple of the outfits I keenly recommended to the harrassed Cleo Art Director as candidates and which, for whatever reason, she didn't choose. I did end up wearing these denim shorts (the two other girls used in the story beat me to the shoot and wore dresses), but with a different top. I think this blouse - which my Mum picked out for me - works quite well with the shorts, and it also looks great with high waisted skirts and jeans. The slightly puffed sleeves need to be off-set by a cinched waist, but as long as I do that, I think it is pretty sassy.

My cute 70's era bright citrusy mini is a big time favourite of mine. It is too short to wear on weekdays, but I wear it a lot on weekends. I call it my '70's tennis Mum' outfit.

I think the dress could have rocked a photo-shoot, but it is probably a little too out-there for Cleo.

Dress - vintage
Wedges - purchased from Zero shoe store
Bracelet - gift from friend

Blouse - vintage
Shorts - from Ra Ra Superstar
Belt - thrifted
Shoes - from Apex

No comments: