Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dress of the Week


So this week's frock of the week was an easy pick, for how could I go past the fabulous Michelle Obama and the gorgeous evening gown she wore to the inauguration ball.

The floral lace in this gown is reminiscent, for me, of 1950's Givenchy. The one-shouldered look is shaping up to be the one for 2009. I'll be interested to see how many appearances it makes on the Oscars red-carpet. The style is very flattering on her, but I guess she is lucky to be so tall and slim. She looks stunning.

Can the Obama family be anymore photogenic? I loved the cute jackets Sasha and Malia wore for the inauguration. If I was 10 years old I would have been very envious of them.

I believe the designer of this dress was American Jason Wu. Michelle has been supporting American designers with her fashion choices and thus far, in my book, she has put nary a foot wrong.



No comments: