Monday, April 20, 2009

Drooling over old fashion magazines




I found this cool blog today - http://http//www.vintagefashionmagazines.blogspot.com/ - filled with covers and editorials from old fashion magazines. The blogger J has a collection of fashion magazines dating back to the 60's and is gradually scanning all the best images and putting them up on her site. It looks like she went a little quite earlier this year, but is getting back to business now.
My boyfriend made me recycle some of my old magazines last week and it was very difficult to say goodbye, but the reality is we just don't have the space as we are already drowning under all my books and clothes and all his power tools and electronic gizmo's. I kept my absolute favourites, but alas none of mine date back to the 60's, 70's and 80's like this ladies collection.
So inspirational to see the work of some classic photographers and so nostalgic to see some of the former top models working at the height of their career.
The models from top to bottom are Marisa Berenson, Vanessa Redgrave, Isabella Rosselini, Lauren Hutton (one of my absolute favourites of all time), Jean Shrimpton (ditto), Janice Dickinson (before she went crazy/became addicted to plastic surgery), Verushka, Gia Carangi, Evelyn Kohn and more Verushka.
Check out the site for more retro delights.
All the photos courtesy of vintagefashionmagazines.blogspot.

No comments: