Monday, May 25, 2009

The best of the rest of Cannes

Zhang Ziyi was as pretty as a picture in this dusty pink one-shouldered dress.

This Christian Dior dress looks like lollies i.e. good enough to eat. The embellished bodice is gorgeous. This is Chinese actress 'Vicky' Zhao Wei .

Beautiful Taiwanese actress Qi Shu was all over the red-carpet at Cannes generally looking gorgeous, but this is my favourite of all her outfits. Another dress that works the lolly look, I could eat this one up too. The big bow on the side just adds to the overdose of pretty. It looks like Qi is just about to break in to Hollywood (according to IMDB she is 33, who would have thunk it!) so we should be seeing a whole lot more of her.

Rachel Weisz was voted Best Dressed of the Week over at RedCarpet-Fashion Awards as a result of this chic and sexy Valentino number that has fashion commentators the world over claiming that green is the new black. Rachel's appearance at the Met Ball proved that despite her beauty she can look bad (hard to believe, I know), but she is most definitely back on form in this number. The 2009 Valentino Haute Couture collection is thus far translating really well off the runway.
Michelle Yeoh was another star to opt for green and her Versace dress screams Hollywood glamour (or South of France glamour, as the case may be).

My Marion Cotillard looked as pretty as ever at the AMFAR Ball in Dior (of course). Love the cute clutch too and her bob suits her so well. I deliberately included a photo of her with her boyfriend Giulliame as they make such a cute couple.

Love Kerry Washington in this black and white vintage inspired dress. Along with her hairstyle and clutch, this look is very early 60's evening-wear.


Dita von Teese seems to be on virtually ever red-carpet these days (why was she at Cannes anyone?). Unlike Paris Hilton, who also shows up to the opening of an envelope, Dita actually has style and clearly either a lot of money or big fans amongst the world's top fashion designers. Dita is one of the only people I know who can get away with wearing a completely see-through Jean Paul Gaultier dress on the red-carpet and manage to still look chic. I was also very pleased to see her wearing a Dior Haute Couture dress from the S/S 2009 collection. I LOVE the stiffened rippled skirts from this collection and I'm so happy to see somewhere wearing one in the "real world".
The strapless blue dress with the bows on the pockets is cute too.


And finally my favourite Diane capped off an awesome week by wearing a white Chanel dress to the AMFAR Ball. This dress is distinctly inspired by the classic Chanel suit and up close the sequin bodice on this dress is divine.
Also included is a lovely vintage Chanel that Diane wore to a photo-call.
Will I go see the new Quention Tarantino flick she is in? Probably not. If I could even let myself get past the atrocious grammar contained in the title (according to Christian Lander - see previous post - white people love grammar), I honestly believe Quentin's best work is well and truly behind him. For Diane's sake, I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: