Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Ring

After a number of requests I'm finally getting around to posting photos of my lovely engagement ring.

It is a cluster diamond setting with a yellow gold band, circa 1918. I love rings that look like flowers, plus I like that it is set really high on the finger, a lot like my Mum's engagement ring. There is probably some technical description for this, but I'm no jewellery expert (most of mine is of the costume variety). My betrothed purchased it at Victory Theatre antique's centre in Blackheath in the Blue Mountains. If you haven't been there, it really is a must see next time you visit. The antique furniture is fantastic and the place is huge, literally taking up the whole two stories of an old theatre.

Last time I was there I saw these amazing wall tiles with illustrations of famous couture dresses from Dior, Balenciaga, Lanvin etc from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I haven't seen anything like them since and have serious non-buyers remorse for not grabbing them when I could.

No comments: