Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dress of the Week

The Council of Fashion Designers of America held their annual Awards night this week and I've picked two lovely ladies to tie for frock of the week.
Style-maven Diane Kruger wore this sexy secretary Jason Wu dress with fabulous black embellished shoulders. Love the hot T-bar sandals and black clutch; Diane always accessorises so well and her perfect pins does the outfit wonders as well. I wouldn't recommend this look for mere mortals like me - especially sans opaques - but the divine Diane and Jason Wu have combined their talents with aplomb.


Style original Ashley Olsen wore this vibrant vintage 30's dress and I've got to give the girl snaps for wearing vintage to an event aimed at promoting current American fashion. I might not like what Ashley and her sister Mary-Kate always wear, but they are most definitely trend-setters rather than sheep and obviously both really care about what they wear beyond what is going to get them snapped for the tabloids.
I had to include a picture of the back of this dress too as it is so, so sexy. I love how dresses from this era were able to just show a hint of leg of back and ooze so much more sex appeal than the short plunging bandage dresses of current times (please make the bandage dress trend end NOW).
I love this dress so much I kind of want it. I wonder where she found it. Anyone know?
Her hair is looking good too.

No comments: