Monday, July 27, 2009

Addition to an Ode to Yellow

I forgot a very important example of the wonder that yellow can be in my post yesterday.

Renee Zellweger wore this vintage yellow Jean Desses dress to the 2001 Oscars. This dress makes me swoon. I love, love Jean Desses. The draping, the pleats, the layers of chiffon. Funnily enough they are all elements that feature in my much adored and top secret wedding dress.

Jennifer Lopez has worn vintage Jean Desses on the red-carpet too. The 2006 Oscars was indeed a worthy year, and J Lo certainly upped her fashion credentials in this curve enhancing work of art.

Jean Desses, originally from Egypt, had a couture fashion house in Paris from the 1930's through to the 1960's. The man was a true virtuoso; I look at his gowns and am seriously baffled as to how they were even created.

In my dreams, when I am invited to the world's most fabulous party and given an unlimited budget to indulge my fashion fantasies, vintage Jean Desses would be seriously high on my list. Maybe something like this:

No comments: