Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cool Links - Photographic Nostalgia

The Australian National Maritime Museum in my fair Sydney is hosting an exhibition called Exposed! The History of Swimwear at the moment. Entry is free and for history buffs and fashion fans alike it definitely sounds worth checking out. And for me, oh how I love swimwear! I still maintain we Aussies design swimwear better than anyone else in the world. As an example, here are some of the latest cossies from Hotel Bondi Swim ... how can you not love a gnome print ... so cute!

In far, far away London town there is an exhibition of British photographer Terry O'Neill's photographs. O'Neill's career peaked in the sixties and seventies and he is well-known for taking unconventionally candid portraits of celebrities. I read about the show at Queens of Vintage and here is a selection of some of his images (Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren and Jacqueline Bisset) that particularly caught my eye.




And speaking of fab photos and swimwear, my mate Michael pointed out this delightfully mood evoking photo gallery on The Daily Beast's blog called The Great American Summer. Combining three of my fancies - photographs of yesteryear, summer and America - I wish I could own some of these images. And how great are Ginger Rogers' pins?

Can you tell I'm suffering from the winter blues? Everything is better when the sun is shining and I can lie by the water in my cossie. My Nth QLD holiday is fast approaching ... Mission Beach here I come!

A very pretty Norma Jean Baker.

Humphrey and Lauren and sail-boat chic.

No comments: