Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dress of the Week and an Ode to Yellow


Another lacklustre week in the celebrity style stakes, so I'm choosing to highlight SJP who, unfortunately, isn't seen out and about on the red-carpet so much these days (she does have newborn twin daughters).
Her dress is pretty but not overly memorable, so I'm selecting this image because I'm always so impressed with how well Sarah-Jessica pulls an outfit together. I find a lot of the celebs tend to completely replicate the runway styling of a piece, but SJP always makes a dress her own with fabulous accessories that are most definitely "her." This outing is no exception; her Miu Miu sandals are simply gorgeous. her jewellery adds something to the dress without overwhelming it, and her clutch is achingly cute. I love that she isn't afraid of colour.
I think her hubbie might need to rethink his hairstyle though ...
Thanks to Red Carpet Fashion Awards for the pic!


An honourable mention must go to American First Lady Michelle Obama who, while not strictly wearing a dress, looked ravishing this week in a canary yellow Michael Kors suit. Pink makes me feel peachy and pretty but yellow, when done right, seriously rocks my fashion world. One day I will find my own perfect yellow frock. Meanwhile, here are some reminders on how awesome yellow can be.

Michelle Williams was widely considered Best Dressed at the 2006 Oscars in this bright yellow Vera Wang gown.


The effortless beauty of Kate's lemon dress, of a few years back, has been burned into my fashion memory, never to be erased.

And my Cate B looked drop dead glamorous in Valentino when she collected her much deserved, long overdue Oscar in 2005. She still needs Best Actress though ... just saying ...

No comments: