Thursday, October 29, 2009

Summer Holiday Basics

This will be a quick post as I'm down to the last few pages of new Aussie novel Jasper Jones, and I must find out what happens next.

My summer look this year for workdays and parties will be pretty vintage frocks teamed with cotton cardigans or light jackets (including the floral one I'm wearing above).

But the most memorable moments in my favourite season always occur on weekends and holidays. My two Aussie essentials are shorts and swimwear, and I was prepared to actually by both brand new. Lucky me, I managed to find both pieces over the last week.

These Rittenhouse shorts (Aussie label that makes cool kid basics) were so cute and so eminently wearable I couldn't resist them. They are culotte shorts in a summery light cotton and and elastic waist, perfect for those afternoons spent enjoying schnitzel at the local beer garden. And for skirts and shorts, I'm all about the high-waist, which is all the better for tucking pretty blouses in.


I wore them last weekend to visit the Hyde Park Noodle Markets. I coordinated with a Cheap Monday pink singlet, vintage three-quarter sleeve jacket and patent multicoloured heels from vintage & modern treasure trove Shag.

And I already have a Hotel Bondi Swim one piece but while I was checking out the inter webs for a shortlist of possible swimwear purchases, I discovered this bikini, also from Hotel Bondi Swim and also from their 2008 collection. I had really liked a number of other cossies I had spied, but this one I just adored and I simply had to have it. What is not to love about a bikini with an Australiana tea towel print and a big khaki bow on the bra? I emailed the designers and luckily they had one in left in my size - thank-you my guardian angel - and 48 hours later, it was on my doorstep.
I'm crossing my fingers that my little koalas will get their first swim this Saturday.
And I can throw on my new shorts for the walk down to my new neighbourhood harbour pool.

3 comments:

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Love those multi-colored patent shoes! And the floral cardi is so pretty!

Bree said...

cute outfit! that swim suit is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

you look so lovely dear, i love your floral cardigan ♥