Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it a coat or is it a dress?

Actually I believe it is coat worn as a dress, and considering how ravishing Dita looks, I'm declaring this coat/dress Frock of the Week. Though I'm not a regular animal print wearer myself - I've owned one item my whole life, in the late 90's - I do like it on others, and Dita is definitely the girl to pull it off with aplomb. I thank Dita for also prompting me to revisit the genius of Galliano's 2010 Resort collection for Christian Dior. The lilac paired with the animal print is inspired, and that particular shade of lilac and the gray/blue of the polka dot print day dress are just so, so beautiful. Like shades Marie Antoinette would have worn.





Thanks to Red Carpet Fashion Awards and Style.com for the images.

4 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I actually really like this. It's definitely something I would wear...it looks a million times better on Dita than on the model, though.
-Andi x

Louise said...

Yep, it definitely looks better on Dita. Blows the whole clothes look good on models cause they have no curves mantra out of the water.

Huzzah! Vintage said...

i agree with andi; dita wears it well. And I love this galliano collection ~ could that fourth dress be any more fabulous? it looks like stars are tumbling down her bosom!

Louise said...

I know! Am loving stars as appliques or prints at the moment.