Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love Lover

There are few Aussie labels that make me salivate season after season as much as Lover does. While their prices are generally beyond my book publicist's salary, I'm lucky enough to own two items: one is a beautiful white lace blouse from one of their earliest collections (as worn by Abbie Cornish in the final scene of Candy) and the other is a one-piece swimsuit from their last S/S collection which I pretty much wore every single day of my January break.

Though generally I'm a big fan of colour, there is something about Lover's muted tones, the quality of their fabrics, and the little flattering details, that keep me permanently in lust. Their new A/W 2010 collection is entitled The Harvest and the look is a bit Sloane from Ferris Bueller's Day Off meets Little House on the Prairie. I would have looked awesome in most of these pieces strolling into a high school house party in 1993. Now I just really, really hope those divine high-waisted khaki pants go on sale at some stage. They'd look great with a pink and pretty vintage blouse.

5 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

oh, I just love the chambray and the lace. Very perfect for spring and summer, which seems miles away here in Snow-ville!

Lorena said...

Lover is great, very soft and romantic but also have some cute pieces too.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

Barn House Antiques said...

Hi I was just reading your blog. Are you looking for a vintage swimming costume? I have 2, brand new (I dont handle 2nd hand swimwear, health regulations) Both with tags. One is a 1960`s Jantzen, size 10-12. The other is 1950`s frilled and ruched, size 8. If you are interested just drop me a line I do have pictures of both, my website is not yet up.
Michelle

Marie said...

I laughed outloud at the Sloan reference! I like these looks- but I thought Sloan looked smashing.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

SophieSweetVintage said...

The fabric and colours look really nice. I like it!