Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Frock of the Week: An Ode to Plaid


I was really excited when I saw these photos of Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts over at Red Carpet Fashion Awards. Her Vivienne Westwood plaid party frock is so absolutely awesome, that I'm sure I haven't hankered after a designer item this much in ages. I must admit that I know nothing about Girls Aloud as a group ... I don't think they are on the radar here in Australia, or maybe I'm just missing out because I don't listen to commercial radio ... but whenever I see photos of this pale red-haired beauty, I'm always impressed by her style. I wish I could get my hair to look like that!

This frock reminds me of a similar gorgeous pastel plaid one that I recently spotted at the Sydney Antique Centre. It wasn't cheap so in the interests of my wallet I didn't try it on, but you know a dress is special when you remember all its details weeks later.

This plaid prettiness has inspired me to trawl the inter webs on the hunt for other party variations on plaid prints, and here are a couple of lovelies I spotted on Etsy.

From Lady in Waiting, this 50s dress has its original tags.

From Bad Girl Vintage.


And this one I found on Ebay and, even though it is way out of my current price range, I couldn't resist posting. From June.The.First this is a 60s Geoffrey Beene dress in sweet shades of pink, lilac and spearmint. LOVE.
Apologies for my lack of posting of late. Wedding madness is in full flight. Only two sleeps to go!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree, Nicola's dress is lovely and the colours are great. Yep, Girls Aloud are a big girl group over here in the UK. Nicola also released a limited edition range of foundation and make up aimed at fair-skinned girls last year (such as myself, so I applauded her!)