Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Coolest Idea Ever

I was bemoaning to the hip young things at my office yesterday that my search for the perfect winter shoe has thus far been unsuccessful. Not a single worthy shoe have I been able to find; I'm not feeling the masculine styles that are in vogue and the colour palette is pretty bland. Too much black and brown when all I want is a splash of colour to add sunshine on a grey day. The only pairs that have caught my eye have either been ridiculously expensive or outrageously high. Or my size is not available.
Then my colleague Jess suggested I check out Shoes of Prey and now shoe hope reigns again.
The brainchild of three Aussie's, Shoes of Prey allows you to create your own shoes from a huge range of templates. You can pick fabrics, colours, heel sizes, peep toes, round toes, booties and more. I haven't had this much fun in yonks!
I know where my new winter shoes will be coming from. Suede, snakeskin or patent dear helpers?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness!! That is amazing and it is the coolest idea ever!!!

Wild Tea Party said...

I see many pairs of bespoke shoes in my future... like those white pumps with bows and a thick heel I've never been able to find, apart from Miu Miu....

P.S. High tea booked, see email for details :)

Beth said...

Just came across your blog. Love it. Such great looks. Love those shoes