Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fashion Week

Rosemount Australian Fashion Week has just finished for another year, and I was lucky enough to see two shows this week: the MCA Group Collection & Art Installation Show on Thursday night and the Ksubi show last night, which closed the whole shebang. On Thursday night lingerie label Ku Shu Shu made its Fashion Week debut, which was very exciting for me as I helped out with their PR.
The Ksubi show was a veritable who's who of the Aussie fashion scene and provided great people watching. Sydney's hipsters were out in force; I did find it a little amusing that people were waiting in line for 2 hours to watch super skinny, glum looking teenagers rocking distressed denim for all of 15 minutes, but I guess the ultimate reward was the free flowing complimentary drinks.
My highlight of RAFW- in terms of my taste and overall wearability- was Jayson Brunsdon's S/S showing, which was heavily influenced by mid century European resort wear. The salmon and baby blue chenille dress would work a treat in my wardrobe.

I'm also rather enamoured of Zimmermann's digital print swimsuits. The whole collection was a colour explosion, with pretty pastels that don't have to work hard to catch my eye. And it looks like high-waisted will be all the rage next summer.

Thanks to Harper's Bazaar for the pics.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hello! I love your blog :)

Ellen emailed me about going to high tea at some point together, which I think sounds lovely.

She also told me you just got married which is even more lovely because then I can pick your brains (and congratulations too!). I'm getting married early next year (though no actual date set yet) and we are probably going to do it here because its so much easier than doing it back in NZ.

I've already bought my dress (one from the 50's) so thats probably the most important thing sorted :)

Anyway, look forward to meeting you soon,

XX
Jen

tonypark said...

Shush, don't tell anyone who knows me, but I am actually a little bit envious of you going to fashion week.