Friday, May 14, 2010

Frock of the Week: All Hail Maid Marian

This week was a no brainer. Amongst a sea of beautiful gowns in Cannes, the queen Cate B blew all the other ladies out of the water. I had been happily anticipating the Robin Hood premiere and was predicting that Cate would wear either Armani or McQueen. McQueen it was and Cate wore this unique high fashion frock with confidence and grace. Love the eagle print and the white tulle hem. I read somewhere that McQueen selected this gown for Cate to wear before he passed away. I don't know how true that rumour is, but regardless of myth-making, this is a fine tribute to his talents. Cate + McQueen = always unforgettable.
By all accounts Robin Hood is a pretty good flick. If I feel well enough, hubby and I are hoping to see it this weekend.
Photos courtesy of CateBlanchettFan.

6 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

Oh, yes, Cate is DIVINE! I really want to see this film, too!

Francy said...

That dress is so beautiful and Cate looks amazing in it! I can't wait to see Robin Hood this weekend!

tonypark said...

We're off to see Robin Hood today (Saturday). We've booked tickets for La Premiere - the ritzy seats. I do so like going to movies where I don't have to take a brown paper bag for my booze.

Andrea Eames said...

Stunning dress!

I'd love the details of your dress. My email address is andrea.eames@gmail.com

A xx

tonypark said...

Just seen Robin Hood. It was pretty good. Russ's accent seemed to switch from Sean Bean to Sean Connery, but there was lots of good action.

I'm not usually a huge Cate fan, but she was just lovely in this one.

Helga said...

She is always on the money!