Sunday, May 30, 2010

Frock of the Week: More Vintage on the Red-Carpet

Oh my gosh ... this dress ... I'm dying.
It's name is Delphine and it is from Christian Dior's Autumn/Winter 1956 collection. The frock is courtesy of Decades again, so it looks like Kristin is becoming their ambassador, at least for the Sex and the City 2 press circuit. Kristin wore this dress to the London premiere after party. It is only May, but this could well turn out to be one of my favourite looks of the year.

She wore this sultry early 60s Norman Norell earlier in the day on the premiere red carpet.

Here is the same dress in red; you can see clearly here how Dior swathed the fabric around the skirt to resemble a scarf.

And here is another breathtaking cocktail dress from the same collection. I reckon Kristin could have got away with wearing gloves.
Alas no amount of pretty frocks is going to make me want to see Sex and the City 2. I was planning to boycott it before I even saw the trailer, and now that the scathing reviews are in, I'm even more convinced I should avoid it. Read this interesting article from Hadley Freeman at The Guardian here on the death of Sex and the City.
Well said.

2 comments:

maggie said...

i think the red dior dress would go great with K.D's skin tone. but either way i would buy that in a heart-beat.

Vintagesuburbia said...

thanks for a great post. I had seen KD in the long gown, but not the Dior. Imagine wearing a real 1956 Dior! Lucky thing! I am like you, think I will boycott SATC2. I loved the series, but hated the first movie - too much emphasis on labels. Series was great for Carrie's $10 vintage dresses, not just overpriced designer stuff. can't wait to read more of your posts!