Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mad Men Breakdown

My new favourite bloggers Tom and Lorenzo are running a series dissecting the fashions of the ladies of Mad Men. So far they've looked at Don's mistresses Rachel, Bobbie and Midge + Pete Campbell's wife Trudy (I love her style and am looking forward to seeing more of her in series 4).
The breakdowns of each outfit are informative and insightful and they demonstrate why Janie Bryant is so unbelievably talented. I can't wait to read the next installment of the series.
Tom and Lorenzo's blog started out as a fan blog for the US version of Project Runway (which I've never seen), but now they offer commentary on all sorts of matters fashion related. They are opinionated without being cruel; there is no body snarking here. And their taste seems pretty spot on.
Not long now until series 4 of my beloved Mad Men kicks off. What will Betty and Joan be wearing in 1964?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am slightly obsessed with Mad Men - such a fantastic show!! I will definitely check out the suggested blog, thanks so much for the tip!

Anastasia Schembri said...

On my way right now to check out this new blog, sounds great!
Just love the book My Mother's Clothes, having a giveaway for a signed copy over at my blog, come check it out if you have a chance.
Hope you have a great weekend!