Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wardrobe Cleanse

My mate Louisa has been selling some of her unwanted items on EBay, something I haven't done in years, preferring lately to purge my clothing overflow at the markets. But Lou has got me all inspired and today I spent the day seriously going through my wardrobe.
And drawers.
And clothes basket.
And second set of drawers.
Plus the couple of scary piles of donated clothes languishing in my spare bedroom.
Firstly, I managed to locate a cool vintage belt I bought in LA back in 2006 that I thought I'd lost forever, as well as a lovely brooch which had managed to get pinned to a cardie I never wear.
Secondly, I realised that I have WAY too much stuff. I'm not quite sure how I've accumulated it all, short of shopping in my sleep.
As I lie on my pile of possible cast-offs above, am I about to turn a corner?
Human nature says probably not, but at the very least I can allow myself to play at being an organised, entrepreneurial type for a couple of days.

I bought this gorgeous chiffon party frock at the 50s Fair last year. It came with a matching cropped jacket, which I practically live in, but the dress is actually a bit short in the waist for me. Hopefully I can find it a new home.

I love the print on this bright yellow 80s sundress and I've considered turning it into a skirt, as the dress is actually far too big for me. I haven't got around to it yet though, so this is going on the maybe pile.

I heart sweater dresses for winter, and this 80s one just needs a few replacement sequins around the neckline and it is good to go.

I'll let everyone know when they are up on EBay. The husband will be getting his photographer skates on tomorrow, with a tonne of items to come.

4 comments:

lucitebox said...

Based on the first photo--you look beautifully poised and ready to remove that which is not exactly what you want to wear. Been there, done that! I try to do it regularly, but sometimes, I fall behind. Here's the kicker. Once your purge, you have room for new vintage pieces.

Camelia Crinoline said...

That orange 50s party dress is amazing.

Smiffys Fancy Dress Costumes said...

I'm sure you will find a "forever home" for your gorgeous vintage pieces. Just think of all that space you will have. Out with the old and in with the um... old? I <3 your style x

Andrea Eames said...

Ooh, let me know if the chiffon 50s one is still available. :)