Friday, July 16, 2010

Direct from Berlin ...

Austrian designer Lena Hoschek has just shown her 2011 Spring/Summer collection at Berlin Fashion Week. Her collections of 40s and 50s inspired goodness always tickle my fancy and the youthful and flirty frocks featured in this collection are highly desirable.
You can see the entire show here. I'm not totally enamoured of the bondage elements (no doubt the inspiration for the Bettie Page like hairstyles and make-up), but I'm certainly loving the frocks I've featured here.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I actually like these. I pretty much dislike most contemporary fashion, especially high fashion, but I LOVE her designs and would even actually wear them.
-Andi x

what are they wearing now said...

Hi Louise,
Love the way they have put the red body suit under the white very 50s dress. I've had many a 50s vintage dress pass through my store in that style and fabric.
Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner with names of vintage shops in Brisbane. The one with the most stock I like is called Adornments in Paddington (Brisbane). I hope they are still there. It's a few ks from the city centre.

Mel said...

I am loving this...Thanks for the post!