Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New/Old Polished Cotton Goodness

Brisbane based online vintage seller Vintage Clothing has just listed some absolutely stunning polished cotton floral sun dresses which, despite being over 60 years old, are still in fashion and probably always will be.
I was gushing over the Prada Print Collection a while back, but if you ferret around a bit you can find something just as pretty as Prada.
Check out the gorgeous details on these frocks:

Even more exciting is that each of these frocks - along with a lot of the other items in Linda's store - are new old stock with original tags. Whenever I come across an item like this I'm 1. excited and then 2. flabbergasted that such a gorgeous item could have been lying dormant in someones wardrobe for decades.
Sometimes I feel almost guilty about wearing new/old stock for the first time; it feels rather like vandalism. But the compulsion to parade a new purchase as soon as possible almost always takes over.
Oh, and this last frock isn't floral but I just had to post it because it is so darn awesome.
Prices between AU$300 - $400.

5 comments:

what are they wearing now said...

Hi Louise,
Thank you very much. Yes it's Linda and the dresses look fabulous on your blog. The amazing thing is that they are in new condition. They have been stored carefully all these years.

Also just wanted to let you know I took out 'Unaccustomed Earth' by Jhumpa Lahiri from the library. Great short stories. Some a little darker than others but beautifully written. Thanks for the tip.

Once again thank you for your support. Your blog is great. I always enjoy you posts.

Linda

Jen said...

Oh these are amazing!!! I wish I could afford them - I might need to stick to making my own for the moment.

Favourite Vintage Finds said...

These dresses are breathtaking! Love Linda's shop!

meeyeehere said...

So feminine and dainty,I love it.

Huzzah! Vintage said...

the piping detail on that spaghetti strap frock is really lovely. What a great, instant collection of 1950s goodness one could have with this collection!