Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Movie Love: British glamour

I'm sure all you vintage fans have seen the gorgeous Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day before, but I enjoyed an encore performance after raiding my Mum's extensive DVD collection on Sunday, and I thought my blog friends wouldn't mind an encore either.
This delightful film recalls the screwball romantic comedies of the 1930s, with Amy Adams (Delysia Lafosse) resembling Marilyn Monroe in her performance, and Ginger Rogers in her appearance. The late 1930s costumes are divine.

Oh, and I seriously love, love, love Delysia's luxurious London apartment. Can some hotel out there please replicate this room for me?

Here are some gorgeous 1930s evening gowns - courtesy of The Frock - that wouldn't look out of place on the dance floor at smarmy Nick's nightclub.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I never saw it, I guess I missed it was a costume movie. Note to self!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Shockingly I still haven't seen this - but I desperately want to.

Leah said...

As always, lovely post...

p.s. - I referenced your blog in a comment for http://thevintageramble.blogspot.com/ I thought you might have some thoughts on the post as well...

xoxo,
Leah

what are they wearing now said...

Thank you for the photo of the amazing apartment. I just want that room ... so elegant just like the clothes.