Monday, July 11, 2011

Peggy Hunt Love

I haven't blogged about Peggy Hunt for a while, but ever since I discovered the Californian designer of fancy frocks, my gaze is always drawn to her creations whenever I come across them. So my eyes were thus drawn to this lovely 1940s Peggy Hunt wedding dress over at Posh Girl Vintage. Are there any soon to be brides out there looking for something a little bit different but still a whole lot of lovely out there? I'd love to this on a real life person?

Peggy Hunt started out as a children's wear designer in the 1920s before venturing into women's wear and finding her niche in pretty party frocks. Working on her line until the late 60s, Hunt was known for her use of beautiful lace and appliques, and has been credited as the inventor of the illusion neckline. Her granddaughter actually keeps a Flickr page of images of Peggy Hunt dresses. I took a stroll through some of close ups of her handiwork.

Peggy Hunt's daughter Jeannette Alexander followed in her mother's footsteps and became a designer too. She might warrant a post soon as well.

2 comments:

Camelia Crinoline said...

I love Peggy Hunt's designs. Her use of lace was beautiful. I could spend hours perusing her granddaughter's flickr looking at all the amazing details.

Pearl Westwood said...

Such beautiful designs, the lace neckline on the first dress is absolutely stunning.