Sunday, October 9, 2011

London, Paris, Milan

A picture heavy post to follow of a few of my favourites from the Spring/Summer 2012 collections, starting with the always influential Prada. Inspired by mid-century hot rod culture, Miucci Prada's pieces are always left of centre but never boring. I loved the pleated skirts, bare midriffs and clutches in this collection. And what vintage loving girl isn't partial to a novelty print?

Piccioli and Chiuri's latest ready-to-wear collection from Valentino was beyond dreamy. If I had money to spare and somewhere to wear, I'd be acquiring these frocks, for sure.

There is nothing like colourful clothing to brighten my day and I love the colourfulness and Parisian chicness of Carven.

In London Jonathan Saunders went all retro, providing a wardrobe suitably for a weekend away at Frank Sinatra's Palm Beach House in the 1950s.

Erdem's collection was as blue as blue could be, and in my book, that can only be a good thing.

And Christopher Kane's embellished and appliqued frocks had all the fashion editors sighing with delight.

And my favourite: Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton. Sure, I'm partial to colours that remind me of candy or pills, but the laser cut outs and the experiments with volume make every piece GORGEOUS. A final audition for the Dior gig? if that's the case, having Kate Moss close the show in white ostrich feathers certainly can't harm his chances.

Photos from Style.Com.

1 comment:

Alicia Jo said...

These shows were great!
forget me not, Alicia 
http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog