Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

From the November 1948 issue of US Vogue comes this lovely photo shoot with a sixteen-year-old Elizabeth Taylor. Here she demonstrates the current skirt and shirt fashion that the young love for its different-every-time-look. Elizabeth was just about to appear on screen as Amy in Little Women when these photos appeared but she was already famous around the world as Velvet Brown. I do love that plaid skirt and the framing in that first photograph. Lovely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these glimpses of history. I love the smile on her face in the black and white photo!

Myrtha Meadows said...

She looks lovely, but if you compare her with girls who are sixteen today...well...maybe she seems a "little" bit more grownup... :)

Louise said...

I know. No way did I look that sophisticated when I was sixteen.